Welcome to Rob and Danielle's Blog!

Rob has PKD and started dialysis in January 2008. He is waiting for a kidney transplant. He currently undergoes nocturnal in-center hemodialysis 3 nights/week. Rob and Danielle are both Christians who strive to live a life of obedience to God's commands. We are praying that the transplant comes from a living donor.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Brainstorm Flow Chart Fun

I feel like our blog might be a bit boring, so I was trying to drum up some ideas to snazz it up a little. I was just remembering that my 9th grade English teacher used to have us do brainstorm flow charts as a way to get started on a writing topic. So far, I've blogged about kidney related stuff, my Christian faith, cycling stuff and umm...that's it, I think? I don't want to have one of those "vanilla" blogs. I need some hot fudge and sprinkles! Yum!

I started with "Kidney" and went from there. I wrote the word, circled it, drew a line and then immediately wrote another word that my previous word made me think of. So there's a connection between all the words, even if it doesn't seem like it at first glance. I'm going to use this to draw up some ideas for more "hot fudge sundae" type blogs, because I know people get tired of plain ol' vanilla ice cream!



Yes, I started with "Kidney" and ended with "Cabinets", which I find kind of funny. Why? If someone asked me this question: "Danielle, if Rob had a successful kidney transplant and some rich person came knocking on your door and said he'd grant you one gift of your choice, what would it be?" my answer would most definitely be...new kitchen cabinets!

That's it for my random blog post tonight. Hopefully I haven't bored you to tears yet. But the next time you're feeling bored, go to Facebook, and click on your friends, which will then cause you to smile, and then you'll want to go brush your teeth, and floss, because you have lots of plaque...

1 comment:

  1. “Having Your Donor Find You” is presented by the Living Kidney Donors Network (LKDN). For your convenience, this FREE Webinar, is being offered on 3 different dates, Monday, February 15th, Tuesday, February 16th, and Monday, March 1st. They are all at 7:30 PM Central Time.

    Who should attend? This webinar is perfect for people that are in need of a kidney transplant and want to learn how to communicate their need to friends and family. If there is someone that wants to help you spread the word about your need, we call them Advocates, ask them to sign up for the webinar or have them attend with you.

    The LKDN Webinar has two goals, to educate people about living kidney donation and to help them develop the skills to effectively communicate their need to family members and friends.

    For more information about the Webinar, or to register please go to the following:
    http://livingkidneydonorsnetwork.org/webinars.html

    Harvey Mysel
    Living Kidney Donors Network
    a Not-for-Profit 501(c)3 Organization
    www.lkdn.org
    http://lkdnblog.blogspot.com
    www.twitter.com/harveymysel
    harvey@lkdn.org

    ReplyDelete