Welcome to Rob and Danielle's Blog!

Rob has PKD and started dialysis in January 2008. He is waiting for a kidney transplant. He currently undergoes nocturnal in-center hemodialysis 3 nights/week. Rob and Danielle are both Christians who strive to live a life of obedience to God's commands. We are praying that the transplant comes from a living donor.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Scrabble fans! Now you can play and eat at the same time!

Last Saturday, I visited with a friend of mine in Raleigh. She offered me a snack of some Cheez-Its and I declined at first because Cheez-Its are just not my cup of tea. I'd rather eat some Cheetos if I'm craving some orange-colored salty snack! Well, I changed my mind to the idea of Cheez-Its because I saw that they were a special edition kind - the Scrabble Junior edition!

So we all started picking through the bag and found the letters that made up our names. Then I discovered that the back of the box had a fun little "board" for playing an actual game of Scrabble. I made this for fun:

Photobucket

I didn't even get a Triple Letter tile for my "K" in kidney! Man, the real Scrabble board for adults gives you Triple points for that spot!

Really though...if you're reading this and you have 2 healthy kidneys, would you consider the possibility of donating one of them to Rob? Please?

1 comment:

  1. That's really neat, Rob... funny how all the letters you needed were right there and fit on the "board" just perfect, huh? Let's hope that's a good sign. I know if I could, I'd donate one of mine to you. I wouldn't be afraid to, and I am O+ type blood as well, ..just know they wouldn't let me because of my autoimmune disease, (Hashimoto's). Something good is coming someday tho... I just know it, I really do. The Lord is watching over you. love from me and Dick too.

    ReplyDelete