Welcome to Rob and Danielle's Blog!

Rob has PKD and started dialysis in January 2008. He is waiting for a kidney transplant. He currently undergoes nocturnal in-center hemodialysis 3 nights/week. Rob and Danielle are both Christians who strive to live a life of obedience to God's commands. We are praying that the transplant comes from a living donor.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nine days

9 days have passed since our last post. No, don't get worried. We're all doing fine. We're just busy with work, Rob's dialysis treatments and my new part-time job. Yes, I got the job!! I'll be working at the Gap at Southpoint Mall for the holiday season, and if they like me, they'll let me stay after the season is complete.

I got the extra job at the Gap because I'd like to be able to use the extra money to apply it towards paying off our 2 store credit lines (Target and Macy's, in case you were wondering), and they're not all that much, so I should be able to pay them off with my Gap earnings in about 2 or 3 months. Also, working at the Gap gives us a great discount on clothes, which we don't buy too much of anyway because we just don't have a lot of extra money after the bills are paid. So now we're also going to be able to play catch-up on buying some much needed new clothes. I haven't gone too crazy yet - so far I've bought 4 under-shirts, 3 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of women's jeans, 2 turtleneck sweaters and 1 pair of men's jeans. Why does that sound a little like the 12 days of Christmas song?

Tonight's blog won't be very long because Rob will be home from work soon and we're planning on watching a movie I rented last night - "My Sisters Keeper". There's a little bit in the movie that is about renal failure, dialysis and a potential kidney donation. I read the book that the movie is based on about 2 years ago. It was a great book, so I hope the movie will be just as good. I'll start making some hot cocoa now, and I'll get the electric throw blanket warmed up for immediate cozy snuggle action as soon as Rob gets home.

I hope you all are having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. hmmm, wondering what a non PKD kidney looks like...
    Yes, that does sound like the 12 days of Christmas.
    Glad I finally got on here to read some of this. Thank you for educating me/us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think it woul look smooth, smaller and dark pink color. Someday Rob will have one like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job on this blog you guys..but I wouldn't expect anything less... looks great. Now dad and I are signed up so we can keep up on all the latest, and one day the GREATEST, too. God bless ya guys.....
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete